Today we see the release of KRFT 1.4!! In this version we have added Audio Bus 2/3 support as well as a network for sharing your Surfaces. We can’t wait to play on some of you guys creations! Also check out this great video from AudioGus of his KRFT jam!
Check out the full 1.4 change log below
– Check out the KRFT Network tab! You can now share your Surfaces and play on other users. Also, share privately and open your Surfaces on multiple devices.
– Use KRFT with Audio Bus 2 & 3 and control other apps using the Audio Bus control bar from within KRFT.
– Added the ability to scroll horizontally on iPhone.
– Added a master volume slider
– Added list picker for waveforms
– Added list picker for morph & dial property list
– Added some more options for dial & morph properties
– Fixed sample import https://studioamplify.com/files/for ios 10.3
– fixed an issue with inter-app audio
– fixed bugs with ableton link
– other small bug fixes and optimizations
Lots of little things in this update! Enjoy!
– Added 16th triplet & 8th triplet grids in to the matrix
– See note info when changing velocity, length, pitch in matrix
– Now add Labels to your cells to help you remember what they are!
– Added a preset picker list
– Redesigned the Surface Edit/Add Cell menu
– Now you can change the channel a cell points towards
– Also you can turn a Loop or a Fill on/off in edit mode
– Added a simple keyboard/drum preview keyboard to the sound tweaks page to help with tweaking!
– Added Cue Time and Mode to Group settings
– Reworked the keyboard toolbar and added velocity controls
– Now set cue & sync on timelines to 0 for instant fun
– Added a long hold in edit mode to go straight into cel edit
– Note preview toggle
– Metronome toggle
– Now enter custom value of horizontal sliders by tapping on the value
– Fixed gate issue on drums
– Fixed an issue with Ableton Link & swing
– Fixed importing .wav files
Big KRFT update out today!
This update is focussed on connectivity and sample import, the highlights being:
– Sync with other music apps using Ableton Link
– Import https://studioamplify.com/files/audio samples from other apps, including dropbox & google drive
– Use KRFT as a source with Inter-App Audio
– Added Background Audio toggle
Today sees the release of KRFT 1.1 which brings a bunch of new and exciting features:
– Added full iPad support! Enjoy retina graphics and more space to build your Surfaces on iPad.
– Exposed loads of settings and tweaks for the synth engine so you can add more personality to your sounds.
– Unlocked the ability to create custom Dials & Morphs. Now you can pick from a large list of synth, drum and master properties to create your effects.
– Added “Save As” and “Clone Surface” to give more flexibility when working with your Surfaces
– Increased the quality of recordings to 256kbps AAC.
– Improved graphics performance opening keyboard & matrix.- Improved Instrument Selector design & function.
KRFT is available now with a launch discount of 40% on the App Store, download it here!
Today sees the release of our new app KRFT! We think we’ve created something really unique in terms of work flow and style and we’re really excited to see what you guys think of it. Please use our forum or email us with your ideas and feedback!
Get it now with a discount of 40% for a limited time only => http://bit.ly/getkrft
Read our press release below:
The multi-track paradigm popularised since the 1980s is often seen as the way to produce music using computers. Enter KRFT, a new app by award winning Studio Amplify, that challenges this: rather than creating a score from start to finish, the app provides a modular toolkit to create musical, jammable surfaces.
By combining a Loops, Fills, Dials, Effects, you can build your own musical “Surface” which can be played or jammed in real time. You can make expressive decisions on-the-fly and create dynamic compositions that would be difficult to achieve in typical music software. You can build anything from a funky groove box to a full composition, and everything in-between.
“We’re trying to blur the boundaries between composition, arrangement and play to offer new creative processes and workflows”, says Jonah, co-founder.
They look beautiful too – with an eye-catching colorful isometric style every surface look unique and exciting. Alex, co-founder tells us – “We’ve had a lot of experience in music production and we wanted to create something that fully utilised the touch screen and drew from modern design patterns.”
KRFT feels like the logical next step after their popular NOIZ app (App of the day on Snapchat). Co-founder Alex Fox says “The most asked feature was “Can I make my own?”. Technologically speaking, that was tough, but we like a challenge“. And so KRFT was conceived.
KRFT is available on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad. Download it now: http://bit.ly/getkrft
In this video we show off how quickly you can put together your own track on NOIZ, in less than 10 minutes! We’ll be making more tutorial videos soon so make sure you SUBSCRIBE to our channel!
Download NOIZ for FREE on the App Store now: http://get.noiz.ee
Mashup the title track from Dr Meaker’s new album Dirt & Soul with NOIZ 1.7!
Clive, the producer from Dr Meaker talks about the track – “The title track ‘Dirt and Soul’ was started at home with the chords being written on piano. A few of the vocalists on the album wanted to write the vocals for the instrumental but Laurent happened to be around on the day that I wanted to continue working on it, so he got vocal duties and he smashed it! The vocals were all pretty much written and recorded in one session.”
Download NOIZ here: http://get.noiz.ee
Get the ful Dr Meakerl album on iTunes & other retailers here: https://fanlink.to/Dirt&Soul
Today we released a new update to our NOIZ remix app. Version 1.6 brings a brand new Surface from Little Boots’ latest single, “Staring At The Sun”. We’ve been working with her over the past few weeks to create an interface that lets anyone interact with her new single and create unique remixes.
“We are releasing the first track not only as an audio track but also as a remix-able app. This is something I have been wanting to do for a long time. With this, they can literally hold the songs in their own hands and deconstruct them piece by piece, putting them back together however they want.” – Little Boots
Check out a video of the app in action above and get the full track here: http://awal.lnk.to/ThdCF
NOIZ 1.5 comes with a brand new Surface – Nautilus by Strago. Dubby bass lines meet jazz inspired drums to create a dark and hypnotic sound scape. Check it out in the video above!
Listen to the full track by Strago on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/niteshadeinc/strago-nautilus-preview
We also added a snap option (16th, 32nd, OFF) to the Pattern Editor so you can make more interesting rhythms and beats.
Get it on the App Store now: get.noiz,ee
We’ve added a new pattern editor in the latest version of NOIZ! You can now edit beats, melodies & more to make your mashups even more unique! Just tap the pencil icon in the top right corner and tap on the cell you want to edit.
There’s also a new attack slider on the synth for you to play with and a song scale picker on the Master page.
We hope these new features will let you get more creative with your creations – let us know what you think!
We’re looking at you NOIZ (☞’◡’)☞ producthunt.com/tech/noiz
Proud to say we made it on the the front page of Product Hunt this week. With all the amazing products and services that are created everyday it’s quite an achievement! Thanks to all those who supported. You really do make a difference.
Also we’d like to introduce our new unofficial mascot: (ง°◡°)ง
Still working on the name…
Our first update! The main feature we’ve added is the ability to change presets and tweak settings on all the instruments. This should give you more creative opportunities and means you can create more unique mashups! Just tap on the settings icon in the top right corner of each song.
We also removed the login page so you can start making music without creating an account 🙂
We have more features and content (including an edit mode!!) to roll out soon so sit tight!
If you haven’t already downloaded NOIZ it’s FREE for iPhone & iPad >>> get.noiz.ee
It’s been a lot of hard work, and today we’re super excited to see the release of NOIZ, our new app where we try to redefine how songs are created and performed.
NOIZ allows you to take control of loops, effects and other sound altering devices to create unique soundscapes in the easy-to-use and intuitive interface.
You have total control over the song progression, making the experience much like performing on a physical instrument, whilst inbuilt intelligent syncing prevents mistakes and allows for freedom of expression and spontaneity.
When we designed NOIZ it was important to us that anyone could download and use it instantly, but also that it retained a level of complexity that could be mastered over time. Accessibility often comes at the expense of depth, limiting user experience, but with NOIZ, we’re trying to appeal to a wide spectrum of users, from novices to more experienced musicians.
So many people are put off making music because the software looks dull and intimidating. We wanted to create something that looked and felt amazing to play. Our goal is to help inspire a new generation of musicians – whether they can play an instrument or not.
This is just the first step and now the foundations are down we’re looking forward to quickly rolling out new features and building a community.
Future updates to NOIZ will include:
NOIZ is available for FREE on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad today. Download it now: http://get.noiz.ee
We’ve been more than a little quiet lately.. but at last NOIZ is almost upon us!
Until then.. enjoy this very intense gif.