KRFT Docs :: The Keyboard
KRFT has a built-in keyboard and drum pad that can be used to play and record melodies and beats. To open the keyboard, edit a Timeline cell (Loop or Fill) and choose the tab with the keyboard icon.
Above the keyboard is
- A preset picker
- A preset cycle
- A tweak sound button
Playing is straight forward: tap and drag around the keyboard / pads.
The vertical position of a touch will be used for the notes velocity.
- Chromatic – whether to show all notes or just those in the scale
- Clear – removes all the notes
- Quantize – Whether to perform live quantize. Tries to play notes “in time”
- Velocity – Various dials corresponding to how much a notes velocity controls an aspect of the sound.
- Octave – controls the octave of the keys
- Chord – play more than one note per touch.
- Spread – controls a delay between chords to create a live feel or arp effect.
- Tap record (bottom right) to prime recording.
- Once you start playing recording will start automatically and the bar will turn red.
- Tap to complete.
- Recording will overdub the current notes in the cell’s timeline.
- Playing longer than the current length will automatically increase the length as necessary.
Next The Matrix »